Formadible opponent?? a very misleading titles; Impresion of Haikyuu!! episode 14

0 comments
The formidable opponent seems like a very interesting title for an episode. However, for me the episode title was misleading and the fact is, the comedy pattern of Haiyuu!! started to get stale over time. I'll be honest with you that episode 14 of Haikyuu!! seems more like a filler episode and the character development for this episode only give a bit glance of the bench warmer; Yamaguchi, who decided to start learning new moves to cover for his lack of skills. Also, the episode gave small information regarding Daichi's old buddy, Ikejiri, who joined Tokonomi high and he may become their next opponent

Kageyama is mad with this episode as well
First of all, the episode started with the meeting between Karasuno team members about their next opponents for the preliminary volleyball tournament. Honestly, I thought they waste some minutes just to tell us what kind of opponent that they will face in the next round. The only good lesson from Ukai is that they should never underestimate their opponent regardless of the school rank due to the fact that each team play to win the championship.There are small parts about training and formations in this episode but they are not very interesting to watch nonetheless.
I have difficulty remembering his name due to his lack of air time

Second, When Sawamura talked to his female friend, who happened to be the captain for the girl volleyball club, about their preparation for the next matches. At the beginning, I think it was nice to show us the other part of Karasuno volleyball teams. Yet later I asked myself; do they really intended to follow the girl's team journey to achieve the championship? Or is it just another splice of life scene added to fill this episode time slot?  Well, I am not against feminism at all. However, knowing that the focus of this series is on the male member of Karasuno High, I doubt the girl team matches will even be covered in the next episodes. It would be better if the episode gave more time do develop Yamaguchi’s character due to the vast amount of personal that this series had.
Tanaka you did cozplay too hahahazzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
 
Believe me. This is exactly my reaction to his antics
Then, regarding to the jokes, Haikyuu!! started to use the same formula again to induce laughter from us fellow otaku. Started with Tanaka playing some role-play to his fellow members, which I think is neither funny nor original at all. Imagine having a male friend acting like a male then walk to the other side acting feminine and talk lovey-dovey and he expect you to laugh at him. Maybe at the first time you would laugh to him. Then, he done it again and again. Honestly, I feel sick with his joke. I don't think that kind of joke is necessary for this episode. Then, the last part of the episode tried to made us laugh with the senior hilarity after getting the ganbatte speech from Shimizu. I was not laughing at all because I expected their reactions even before she said the encouragement. It was exaggerated to the utmost level, hoping that we could get rolling in the floor and bursting in laughter,  which in my case fail miserably.
I like hilarious anime. However, I truly appreciate originality and this is so not original -_-
I like Haikyuu!! and I am worried with this episode because it started to put some unnecessary information to fill the 22 minutes. If I came here writing how amazing the episode is, then I am lying to you because I am not amazed with this episode. I did hope the next episode would bring the series back in game and believe me. When I said an the episode is boring, it doesn’t means that the anime is bad. It means that it fails to amaze me and it could not give me a good impression.

author

Author : Cmonfrozen

Etiam mollis nec lacus ut tempus. Donec justo nisi, molestie nec hendrerit et, sagittis vel felis. Aliquam porttitor turpis quis ultrices ultrices. Integer vitae massa sapien

0 comments: